Mar 29, 2011

XP

The concentration piece I did before spring break - charcoal portrait of my sister as an astronaut - was... not that great.  I mean, it was okay, but I wasn't too impressed with myself.  So I let it sit for a bit, I thought about it, looked it over, etc.  And I decided that it would be possible for me to change a few things here and there to make it look better.  So I did that.

....

Didn't work out all that well.  At all.  I messed up to the point where it looks worse than when I started "fixing" it.

Yeah, I don't really want to bring it into school tomorrow.  It looks like crap.  I mean, I have to bring it in because it's way too late for me to do another piece, but... it'll be embarrassing.

At least I learned my lesson about going back to mess with stuff.  ("If it ain't baroque, don't fix it" is the quote that comes to mind...)

No comments:

Post a Comment